Monday 10 March 2008

Lecture at the Royal Geographic Society

Pasted Graphic 1
My idle daydream of cycling round the world was galvanised into positive action at an expedition planning weekend at the hallowed Royal Geographic Society in London when I was at uni. As I sat in the lecture theatre reading the gold leaf names of all the society's Gold Medal winners I promised myself then that I was going to complete my expedition and that, one day, I would give a lecture at the RGS.
Finally that dream has come true, and I shall be speaking there on May 12 [details here]. I am nervous already!
It completes a sweet circle for me: the expedition began there, and my lecture will mark the end of the entire project as I will be announcing my next expedition there. It's time for another biggy..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home